Today on the podcast we are talking about why blogs are so great for product businesses. Watch and join in the conversation!
There are four main reasons why blogs are a great idea for your business and in the podcast I go into finer detail, but I'll briefly outline those below too;
Blogs generate more leads to your website
- Businesses who blog have 97% more organic links to their website than those who do not blog
- Blogs help your website's SEO
- 81% of shoppers polled revealed that they do their product research online before a purchase. 47% of these will read 4-5 pieces of internet information before a purchase (especially if there is a high price tag involved).
- Blogs are still rated in the top 5 sources of trusted information on the internet.
- 20% of my previous product business traffic came from my own blog.
Blogs help establish your authority and expertise about what you sell
- People buy from people they trust and so if you can show that you are the 'go-to' person for a product or service, people will come. Blogs are a great way to develop that thought process for your customers.
Social Media content is not directly linked to your website
- Blogs that sit on your site (or share a URL) lead to higher click through and mental connection
Blogs give you long term ROI
- Relevant and regularly updated blogs give you lots more leads to develop, especially given that Social media efforts have a much shorter life span.
- We talk about planning, which is why I mention my new Blog Planner!