More and more of us do our shopping online and at Christmas this is really no different. In fact, on average we are likely to spend more on the run up to the holiday season (Q4) than at any other time of the year, according to the Office of National Statistics.
You can see the spikes in the chart for each quarter 4 show a consistency across the last 5 years (2013-2018). This proves that there is a market of customers actively looking for Christmas gifts.
Did you know that craft business is worth £2bn here in the UK and 88% of these small businesses are sole traders? That’s a lot of crafters who are vying for attention and at Christmas that can feel like a bit of a scrum!
BUT here’s the thing…
Most of those crafters don’t know how to maximise their potential to sell in this period.
Here’s where you can make a difference for your business!
You need a focused plan.
It’s simple to take just a little time out now to plan your strategy for success and I promise you it will make all the difference.
Your Pre-Christmas Business Plan
You need to focus your attention to detailing the following;
- Budgets – how much do you have to spend on production and marketing? Knowing your figures can be the difference between profitability and throwing money at the wall. Creating a budget will give you clear guidance on where you are planning to spend and how much you have to spend.
- Range plan – go back to your customer research and tap into your loyal following and ask the question, ‘what do they want from me this Christmas?’
- Production – you know your process, so plan it!
- Delivery arrangements – plan the details of the when and how, because there are several key things happening during this busy period that don’t usually happen at other times, like closures and heightened customer expectation.
- Marketing – plan how you are going to build awareness of your products during this holiday season.
- Selling strategy – How are you going to sell your products this Christmas?