Website Usage Policy
The term ‘My Indie Life Blog’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or 'I' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 40 Mill Street, Crediton, Devon. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose (this includes services/products offered). You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by UK law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website, or it's services is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website and it's services contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics (unless otherwise noted). Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website, or it's services may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website (and it's services) and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, an email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us where indicated. Those who visit anonymously will not be collected. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities, services, features or resources.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information. Those who visit anonymously will not be collected. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information by changing their browser settings, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
My Indie Life may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently. Here we require names, emails and any relevant order number relating to a product or service.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their initiated queries. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. See below disclaimer.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, SSL certification and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. For product and service transaction details see below.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Blog Copyright & Creative Commons.
Sara Millis/My Indie Life Blog own the rights to all content, unless attributed to a third party. We do allow URL sharing using the social icons provided and I do expect back-links to be provided for the end user.
Affiliates & Referrals.
From time to time, this website may also include links, or referrals to affiliate websites, services and products. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information about products or services not offered by My Indie Life Blog. Any transaction made by you through these links may result in a commission payment to My Indie Life Blog. Commissions are very small in percentage denominations and go towards the running and admin of the My Indie Life Blog website and services.
Affiliate connections do not signify that we endorse the website(s), service(s), or product(s), but instead recommend it for your consideration. Such products and services are carefully selected for their appropriateness. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s), or for the products, or services these third party companies offer. My Indie Life Blog is not responsible, or to be contacted about any transaction with a third party (although we may be interested in a poor result, if that would change our affiliation).
Affiliate links will be clearly marked on the site.
Opt-in or Newsletter Disclaimer
Free Opt-ins - When you subscribe to a free opt-in you will not receive further marketing emails, other than those listed in the opt-in marketing disclaimer. Each opt-in is covered with its own disclaimer making you 100% aware of this fact and any further details by way of a landing page.
EZine Newsletter Consent Disclaimer - When you subscribe to the eZine opt-in you will be receiving each copy of the eZine on a quarterly basis, which may contain limited marketing content about related products and services to the eZine topic. You will not receive separate marketing emails. Landing pages, or opt in boxes state the above.
Data Protection Disclaimer - Mailchimp maintain, store and delete your consented details in a secure way compliant with EU GDPR regulations and in accordance the consent you give when subscribing and if you choose to unsubscribe. My Indie Life Blog uses your information to establish interaction with content only and to send you further appropriate eZine issues where indicated. Not data is sold or viewed by a third party.
Updated 10th April 2018.